“You are a part of the healing.”
Families play an important role in the healing and recovery of our patients and therefore are welcome to visit their family member at the hospital. Please observe
the following during your visits at MSH. If you need assistance or have questions,
please contact the patient's social worker or the Social Services Department at extension 8012.
(Male and Female Receiving Units, Male and Female Continued Treatment Service,
Forensics Services,& Oak Circle Center)
1-4 p.m. Monday – Friday
9-11 & 1-3 on Saturday, Sunday & Holidays
Jaquith Nursing Home:
8 a.m. – 8 p.m. Daily
Other accommodations may be made
with prior notice to the nurse.
Substance Use Service:
Visitation for patients on the Substance Use Service is part of the Family
Education Program which is held on the second and fourth Friday of each month
for patient-invited family members and other treatment-supportive individuals.
Arrangements for participation in the Family Education Program and visitation
are made by the Substance Use Service Staff.
Whitfield Medical Surgical Hospital:
1 p.m. – 3 p.m. and 5 p.m. – 7 p.m.
Monday – Friday
11 a.m. – 3 p. m. and 5 p.m. -7 p.m.
Saturday, Sunday and Holidays
Visitation for seriously ill patients may be
individualized by the attending physician or
nurse in charge.
1. All visitors must obtain a Visitor's Pass from the MSH Police and a Visitor's Permit
from the Hostess in the lobby of the Administration Building (Building 21).
2. Following admission patients are not authorized to receive visitors for a period of 24 hours.
3. Adult patients and residents have the right to limit or to refuse access to any visitor.
4. Children under the age of 16 must be under adult supervision at all times.
5. Photographing is restricted in order to protect patient confidentiality. Requests to
take photographs must be authorized in advance of the visit by the Public Relations Department.